WHAT'S YOUR STYLE STATEMENT?

About a month ago, I received an email from Carrie McCarthy letting me know that she had used a photo from my blog for her blog (always a nice gesture) and also to introduce me to her work - a company she calls Style Statement.
I was immediately intrigued by the concept - an hour or so consultation that results in a two-word statement of who you are. Not just a style guide for your wardrobe or home decor, this statement "fully expresses your soul," as Carrie puts it. It encompasses every decision you make and helps you understand why, but it can also be used to remind yourself of what it is you need to feed that soul of yours.
So, when Carrie offered me the chance to experience a session, I was incredibly excited! My own design process relies on a deeper understanding of others' style and finding ways to help them express that through interior design, wardrobe consulting, and even private events. I believe, as Carrie does, that all of these are a reflection of who we are, and to have a statement that helps guide all of these decisions is invaluable.
The session takes 45 minutes by phone and, as explained on the website, asks "a unique series of questions about what you long for, what inspires you, and what you love." At the end of it Carrie takes a quick break to go through your answers and calls you back with your two-word Style Statement, explaining in detail what it means to you and how to use it in your everyday life.

I know, I know - you want to know what mine was, right??
I am a Classic Inspiration. But what exactly does that mean? Carrie employs the 80/20 rule in these statements. Which means that 80% of the time I'm very Classic. This rules the majority of my decisions (so, very very true) and is at the core of me. But that 20% is what gives you your unique twist on the first word. As Carrie says - it's your accessory. So while I love a 'Classic' space, that 'Inspiration' piece is what makes it mine.
Of course the reason I'm sharing this with all of you is not only because I think the idea is insanely wonderful - I think it would make an amazing gift. Think of how perfect it would be as a wedding gift to newlyweds so that they can better understand what drives each other's lifestyle. Or, to someone just launching their own business who needs that compass to guide them when making a thousand decisions for the first time. Your Style Statement is your personal brand and that is a very empowering thing.
Carrie herself is a Refined Treasure - a perfect description for this amazing woman. "I’ve been in design my whole life," Carrie explained to me, "but Style Statement has offered me the opportunity to marry beauty and meaning." Her business is so much more than a service and it shows with her passion for the process.

Right now, Carrie is offering a special on a Style Statement session. Contact her at hello@stylestatement.com and mention coco+kelley to receive a 20% savings.

*images via home & gardens, hugh stewart, carina seth andersson, alex papachristidis, living etc