Room of the Week 11.12

It can be difficult sometimes to find a room that is at once inspired, relaxing, glamorous, fresh, and dramatic. But this sunroom done by Kara Mann is just that...
I had come across this photo away a while ago and rediscovered it on Kara's website yesterday looking for something else - and when I saw it I remembered it immediately and why I had loved it so much the first time... that CEILING! A luminous gold that reflects all that light and makes the room feel so warm, topped off with an amazing chandelier. The furniture pieces have been kept so simple (with the exception of a few glamorous accents) allowing the view from the surrounding windows to be the focal point. Bringing the outdoors in with so many plants creates almost a surreal feeling - like you're not sure where the divide is between the two.

Personally, I'd love to curl up with that blanket on the couch and relax in this space all day...