Room of the Week 11.13

I've been slacking lately on one of my original features around here, but I've found a very worthy Room of the Week that I've been dying to share because I'm completely inspired...

I discovered this amazing setting via Cote de Texas' extensive post on Michael Trapp - a name I was not very familiar with and now adore for his curated taste and ability to use natural elements and fantastic antiques to bring the outdoors in.

Most of you know that my style requires a dash of the unexpected or a glamorous focal piece. For me, what truly sets this room over the top is the linen thrown over the chairs in that pop of deep fuschia combined with the birch trees that add a surreal effect the entire space. Without that little dash of color, this room wouldn't be the same. Also, the giant clam shell (yep, still love them), the dark black trim, and the empty frames on the wall simply add to the drama of this incredible vignette.