This Ship Has Sailed...

Ok, you asked for it. The least scandalous Halloween/Birthday Bash photo I could bring myself to share...

Our theme was "All American", so, this little chickadee dressed up as a sassy sailor, as did my friend Diana. Erin was a college co-ed having an affair with her professor (quite American, don't you think?) Anyhow... It reminded me that I had been saving a few rooms (a bit more classy than our costumes) harboring a ship that I have an obsession with. So it's time to share...

Yes... there she is. The ship chandelier. I'm obsessed with it because every time I see it I think, how on earth can I make that fit into my decor? Is it tacky? Is it amazing? But then, when I saw it in Nanette Lepore's cozy den in Elle Decor, I decided, it's just kinda fabulous... if you an get away with it!

While I definitely prefer the ship in a darker room, I have to say if you're gonna go for it... GO for it. This room, via flickr takes gilded goodness to a whole other level. And cheetah chairs? Insane. But it certainly looks like quite the treasure trove, doesn't it? Perfectly fitting for a pirate ship.

This room provides a more simple setting for such a statement piece. A wall of maps fitting with a worldly theme, and the simple, dark decor both set the stage to highlight this over the top piece. (via desire to inspire).

So what do you think? Could you create a room around this ship? Or are you walking the plank? ;)