Room of the Week 2.5

I've never been to Mexico. I think I'd like to go there. Now.

I just stumbled up on this unexpectedly modern and cool design created by Kara Mann yesterday on Apartment Therapy, and knew it had to be my Room of the Week. For the last two months I've been whining about how all I want to do is hop a flight to Mexico, and I'm pretty sure if I went, this is where I'd like to be!

Every bit of this room is incredibly appealing to me. The contrast of a dramatic new modern wing chair with the natural texture of the fireplace. The classic and fresh white palette infused with bursts of Suzani patterned color. The simplicity of the decor.

And let's just declare it right now. The Moroccan Beni Ourain style rugs have officially replaced the Zebra trend. (Pssst - you know you can get some gorgeous originals from Maryam, right?)

Extra bonus. Check out that loungy area! I could curl up there for a little midday nap in the sunshine and be soooo happy...