The Modern Beach House

I discovered the work of architecture group Piet Boon via Purple Area (always so full of inspiration!) and loved this interior from one of their modern beach houses...
Of course, the use of green always makes this girl happy, but I really love the use of raw, natural materials and the simplicity of these rooms. The shutters add such texture too!
Just like the Ibiza home I featured last week, I adore the use of cool concrete in tropical spaces, and the texture lends itself well to the raw style of the home. Notice how the table runner mimics the pattern in the pillow above? I love when there is somewhat of a 'theme' to a home...
Of course... I also love when certain rooms stand out on their own. For the spaces that don't run together (like bedrooms!) it's the perfect excuse to break away from the color scheme throughout the home and inject a little personality. How fantastic is the fresh pop of red here? And, the use of black mosquito netting vs. white adds much more drama.