Butterflies Are Free

I haven't really thought of using butterflies in decor since I was in Jr. High. That was right about the time everyone started getting butterfly tattoos, Drew Barrymore was still in her hippie daisy child phase, and I totally worshiped her style. Well, Drew has grown up (as evidenced by this month's much hyped Domino), and so has butterfly decor.

Visiting Vivre the other day I noticed the abundance of butterfly accessories... including these glamorous gilded chargers...



and this chic barware...



But it wasn't just on Vivre. Butterflies are everywhere! Remember Chassie Post's room from Domino Magazine a while back?



I love that wallpaper (from Schumacher), but I also love this simplified version as well from Misha's collection...



The best part is that is comes in a variety of colorways, which you can see right here.

Want more? How about these cut glass tumblers from Graham & Green?



Or these bowls from Anthropologie that I have adored for a while now?



Also lovin' the gilding on this garden stool from Horchow.



For a more subtle style of butterflies in decor, this pendant lamp from Rose and Radish should do the trick - whimsical, light and simple.