Room of the Week 3.20

I'm fairly certain I found these two images separately... and I'm fairly certain that they're from the same home! The hallway was featured in Desire to Inspire quite some time ago...



... and if you look at the chair and the chandelier in the dining space, they look the same to me!



Either way, I'm in love with both of them. The kitchen/dining area is such an amazing example of how to use some standout pieces (the deer head and lighting fixtures) in a small space without overwhelming the eye or making it feel cramped. It's also the perfect mix of styles - a retro fridge, a modern stove, a classic chandelier in a not-so-classic color, and that gorgeous rustic table and mismatched chairs!

As for the hallway - how perfectly does that pendant light match the shape of the decorative moulding? And I love the walls lined with framed photos all in black and white.

Mostly I just love the lightness of this space. After looking at paint colors over and over last weekend in Seattle (for my dad's restaurant and Erin's condo), these rooms remind me of how sometimes a simple white is all you need (although picking out WHICH white is not easier either...).