Rialto Renovations - Lighting

As you may have read in an earlier post, I'm working on a new space for my dad's restaurant in Seattle. My first challenge has been coming up with lighting options, but I think I've finally narrowed it down to these...

My absolute favorite is the Pelham Pendant lamp from Croft & Little in the Historic Bronze finish.



The only problem is that the price on this one is a bit high. Has anyone seen a similar version for less than $400? I suppose I could always buy one in the nickel finish you usually find these in and antique it myself... I just think they'd be so perfect for above the bar and down the hallway!

In the main dining area which features vaulted ceilings, I wanted to find a chandelier with Edison bulbs to combine an old world feel with modern aesthetics, and I think this style is absolutely perfect! (We're carrying them at Empiric!)



There is also a secondary dining area that I'm not quite sure what to do with as the ceilings are a bit lower. I like this look...



...but am a little unsure of fabric pendants - seems like they would soak in all the grease, dust, etc in the air? However, this area is further from the kitchen and adjacent to an outdoor patio, so maybe they would work! I wanted something a bit lighter in this space and I think they would look warm and lovely. I'd love to go for more of a 'living room' feel for this smaller room.

What do you think about this pendant from Bellacor? Too boxy? Not warm enough? Or is it unexpected to have a square shape in a not-so-modern space?



I'm also thinking of doing a line of small pendants over the bar, and was completely inspired by the restaurant spaces designed by Avro Ko, recommended by Joanna over at A Cup of Jo (thanks girl!).





Gorgeous, aren't they? Needless to say, I'll have plenty of decisions to make this weekend when I head up to Seattle to finalize all our plans! Can't wait to share the space with you all when it finally comes together.