THE HIGHLIGHT REEL: LONNY ISSUE #4

Yes, I know. Everyone in blogland will be posting their favorite photos this week from the latest issue of Lonny which arrived this weekend on a particularly quiet Saturday evening for me. This meant that (amazingly enough) I had the time to really enjoy it as well as peruse the updated site which now includes archived issues and links to the photography on flickr!

I thought the first few pages were just a teensy bit boring, but once we got into the home tours, the inspiration came flooding in. A few of the highlights for me...

A tour of Michelle's own newly decorated apartment! I love seeing how her look has evolved from her last (much blogged about) space, and yet the aesthetic stays true to to her style. The zig zag drapes were a favorite of mine, and I was happy to see that she kept her sunny headboard (both fabrics from her line, Rubie Green of course!), but it was that gorgeous, structured lamp and the addition of the sophisticated striped chairs that had me swooning!
Apparently either I'm in love with this rich tropical teal, or Lonny is because after looking at the images I pulled, I definitely spied a trend! The parrot pillow is killin' me with its touch of playfulness in what is a fairly formal dining room. I adore using a contrast fabric on the back of settees and chairs! Trimmed bedding reminds me of luxurious hotel linens and I can never get enough. But the topper was absolutely the wingback chair. Please come home to me!

But, out of all these gorgeous spaces, this is the one that took my breath away...
The ultra fabulous living room of designer Laura Day holds just the right touch of glamour with the traditional sofas being offset by perfectly selected accents that are strong, playful, rich, and stunning.

Have you browsed the new issue yet? What was your favorite piece??