ROOM OF THE WEEK 4.15

Browsing through photos of a beautiful West Village townhouse designed by Steven Gambrel I found so many rich rooms to love, but it was this simple basement kitchen and dining area that struck me as so simplistically perfect...
The cozy tucked in nook with light filtering in from the window hitting the rows of glass bottles. The whitewashed brick paired with faded, worn wood. Each piece selected is absolutely perfect in scale and style. Perhaps it's because the room reminds me of days spent in cool basements with my Italian grandparents and aunts preparing gnocci and curing meats that I feel pulled to it. It's certainly not the usual glamorous or even fresh open space that I usually post! But there's something so appealing about this little retreat that makes me want to settle right in.