ON THE SIDE

Lately I've been doing a lot of hunting for side tables, stools and ottomans for clients as they seem to be the perfect little accents for adding a touch of whatever it is the room may be lacking. Need a pop of color?  Perhaps a layer of texture? The side piece is a worthy contender for filling those voids.
sidetable3
Personally, I'm in the market for two types of side pieces. *1. A piece to hold stacks of magazines and the occasional cup of coffee or wine glass. *2. A piece to provide easy additional seating without taking up too much room.

The pieces above are my top contenders... well, all except the first glamourista (budget, people, budget!), but isn't she pretty? I'm leaning toward a pair of x-benches as they are the most classic and versatile of the bunch, but I love the way the jute cube and the white garden stool matchup together too!

And then there's this guy...
sidetable2
I have always loved the way these antique pieces look in a room, so when I saw that Urban Outfitters was carrying their own (budget friendly!) version, I was very tempted to place an order! A few coats of gold paint and - if I'm lucky - adding a mirrored top, and I'd be all set.

What do you think, dear readers? Have you seen any side tables or small stools lately that you think I should add to my options?

*interior design by suzanne kasler