MISS MILITARY

While I'm not one to hop on trends too quickly, I have to say that I've always been a big fan of military inspired style - perhaps it's my affinity for a good olive green? About a year ago I blogged about olive green as the new neutral paired with various shades of pink, pops of citron and silvery blues. Today? I'm loving these fresh combos as well...
62110Vivwht_4402Web
62110AFloral_4919Web
Call me convinced that this will indeed be my summer-to-fall wardrobe staple! The trick is to pair this masculine piece with an overly feminine dress. I love the lacy white or cream as a strong contrast, and the watercolour + ruffles is completely unexpected! Here's how I'd do it...
military jacket fashion inspiration
My favorite color to pair with olive is a rich fuchsia, so the dress must have a bold shade of pink in it. This one from Forever21 is perfect with the brights against a grey and olive tone background.  Gold hardware on the accessories is a must as it pops so well against that dusty green, but aviators would be almost too obvious of a choice - instead a neutral colored pair of wayfarers will match the casual attitude of the jacket.

*streetstyle via the sartorialist.  jacket at anthropologie, wayfarers, dress at forever21, bag by marc jacobs at piper lime, sandals pour la victoire