ROOM OF THE WEEK: 7.22

Just yesterday I had a reader email me asking if I could do a post on my favorite dining rooms. I absolutely adore decorating dining areas because it mixes interior design with my other favorite subject - entertaining! So, while I sort through my files and pull out the best of the best, I thought we could at least start with this...
kristen ewart dining room blue antique dining chairs
A bit aspirational, but oh so inspiring, no? The way designer Krista Ewart balanced the large scale table with a full wall mirror and that centerpiece of a painting is so lovely! And, despite some of these heavy features, the space stays open and light by neutralizing some of the accessories that could have been distracting (the all white chandelier and figurines on the sideboard). Using the aqua throughout in different textiles ties everything together perfectly. I'm especially loving the addition of the bench to the table which brings down the formality of the antique style pieces. What do you think, dear readers? Will this one be added to your list of favorites?