ROOM OF THE WEEK 7.29

I love how pink rooms have become so much more common these days - it's a color that is so warm and complimentary! While I don't know that I'd be able to handle this color in common living areas, I really do enjoy it in the bedroom...
mdesign.pinkzigzag
Especially when paired with sassy zig zag drapery, and lots of white to balance the room. This space grabbed my attention with this simple seating arrangement and perfectly placed artwork before I even realized it was actually a bedroom!
mdesignpink2
I love that they added a punch of the zig zag in a pillow to tie it in with the drapes, and also love that they chose a richer rug for the other side of the room to ground the seating area. (Here's a design tip - too many rugs in one space makes it feel smaller and more broken, but because the other rug is a neutral it simply adds to the room's texture and works well!) While there is certainly a mix of eras going on here, the style still feels cohesive and uncluttered, which is especially important for a bedroom. This is also great inspiration for a small studio space - a challenge I may be facing very soon! The only thing I might change is adding a bit more personality to the fireplace with a luxurious marble or mirrored facade. The rest of it? Perfect.

*interior by m. design