OIL + INTERIORS

What could be better than the gorgeous inspirational photos we get from our favorite shelter magazines? Art inspired by those photos of course...
There are rooms that I've come across that I would seriously consider framing if they weren't tear sheets (not that that's ever stopped me), but these gorgeous works by Page Laughlin take things to a whole other level. Their sophistication and classic style still has an element of the modern to me, making them a perfect addition to the walls of any home.
The texture is stunning! And I love the way the fabric has become the focus in this one while everything else is more muddled. For more insight into the work itself, though, you should absolutely read the artist's statement... it's quite interesting!

*found via a new favorite blog discovery: table tonic