On Vacation With... Julie Wolfson in Tokyo

For my second visit to Japan, I spent a week in Tokyo visiting the bigs sites, museums, and shopping areas and well as exploring the hidden restaurants and bars with friends. Tokyo is a magical place filled with amazing architecture in a vast urban landscape and countless stores, restaurants and bars hidden in the alley and passageways throughout the city. I am lucky enough to have several friend there. I stayed with my cousin who lives in Rappongi and I also spent two nights staying on the 53rd of The Ritz-Carlton. From both locations I could not stop staring at the views. It was heaven.
The view from the club floor of The Ritz-Carlton at breakfast. Yes that is Mount Fuji. It was so breathtaking.
At the top of the Mori Building, the escalator leads visitors though the M entrance into the Mori Art Museum on the top of the building with panoramic city views from the 52nd floor and a roof deck.
One day I visited the amazing National Art Center building was designed by Kisho Kurokawa. I discovered to intricate and gorgeous work of Saito Meo.
2121 Design Sight is behind Tokyo Midtown and The Ritz-Carlton. The building was designed by Tadao Ondo and when I was in Tokyo they were showing a gorgeous exhibit of Lucy Rie pottery that highlighted her relationship with Issey Miyake. Most of the pieces were exhibited on a bed of water next to a waterfall wall. It was the most meditative and peaceful place I have ever visited.
Walking through al alley in Midtown Tokyo.
Meiji Shrine in Harajuku
Mint Designs relaxed separates with meticulous details. I love the pattern and the draping and detail on the front of this dress. Plus the sneakers are too cute. Check out the trim on the cardigan.
The Louis Vuitton Murakami window.
Out shopping on Ometosando.
Patterns in the window at Tsumori Chisato.
One night I went scotch tasting with Jun Ago of Suntory. We ended the night at a hidden bar called Bar Rage that features contemporary Japanese mixology. I also enjoyed sweets at Higashiya in Nakameguro. Located on the Meguro River, a renovated old house in the main location of Higashiya serving traditional sweets and tea. Along the river are several amazing boutiques and restaurants including Cow Books. In the springtime, it is also one of the best places to see cherry blossoms in Tokyo.

*for more articles from Julie, visit her on LAist where she is the lifestyle editor!