On Vacation With... Style Notes

My name's Camille, and I'm an event planner, style blogger, and recent bride! (Visit my blog, Style Notes.)
Camille_Italy
The view of the island from Capri's town center.

My Italian honeymoon was the most perfect two weeks, and now that it's come to an end, I find myself dreaming of returning to Capri! Back in the States, my current obsession is transporting all that inspiration back home so I can experience a taste of Italian romance every day. A few of my favorite things...

1. The colors of the Mediterranean
mediterranean2
View of the Mediterranean along the Amalfi Coast

I've heard descriptions of the Mediterranean, but nothing could have prepared me for the sight of the deepest blue sea set against a cloudless sky. Sheer natural beauty.

2. Caprese Salad

200543572-001
Capri is the birthplace of the Tomato, Basil, Mozzarella triumvirate

Or for that matter, Caprese pizza, Caprese pasta... nothing is simpler than these summery flavors, and with the juiciest tomatoes and creamiest buffalo mozzarella, nothing could be better.

3. Handmade Leather Sandals

My handmade leather sandals from a shop in Capri.

My handmade leather sandals from a shop in Capri.

Capri is famous for it's handmade leather sandals, and there are quaint shops on every street with sandal-makers crafting gorgeous custom creations. These are my soft brown leather ones... I plan on wearing them nonstop this summer.

4. The scents of Jasmine & Bougainvillea

Terrace at the Caesar Augustus hotel
Terrace at the Caesar Augustus hotel

The entire island of Capri carries the intoxicating scent of flowers, due to the colorful jasmine and bougainvillea that cover every wall, column, and building.

5. The architecture of Positano

View from our boat of Positano
View of Positano from our boat

With it's terraced white houses set against a rocky cliff overlooking the sea, Positano is one of those towns that looks like a postcard from every angle. With groves of lemon trees, abundant flowers, and couples strolling with cones of gelato, I immediately fell in love with this slice of paradise. Hope I gave you a tiny taste of Italian holiday... Ciao!