On Vacation With... Viva Cindy!

Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica

Maybe I am one of the lucky ones. I have been living a summer dream. Actually, the last year and a half have been dream worthy. In June 2008, I left Atlanta, where I had been working for Delta Airlines for 10 years and I moved (along with hubby) to San Jose, Costa Rica to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity.
Chorti, Honduras. An indigenous village where Habitat builds.

Unfortunately, working in Costa Rica and being on a volunteer's budget for the last year, my wardrobe is a bit stagnant (read: flip flops and jeans). Fortunately, I started reading reading coco + kelley and was able to get my virtual fashion and decorating fix.
La Boca in Buenos Aires, Argentina

I actually get to continue living out my summer wishes in Latin America with a 2 month trip to Mexico starting in August. This trip will be focused on food. I can't wait to explore all of the markets and cook with the people.
Talavera pottery, Mexico

I love how all of the vibrant colors of Latin America are everywhere in fashion and home decor. I'll be on the lookout for great textiles in Mexico (on the cheap!). We will also be taking official and unofficial cooking classes along the way. My husband is Mexican and has so many recipes already from his mom, so this trip will be icing on the cake for our food blog, which will be, you guessed it, mostly Mexican food (debuting in the near future). I currently document all of my travels on my blog viva cindy. A lot more pictures to come in the next couple months.

We will be sure to sneak in a beach trip while we are there too! Truly a perfect summer dream!