On Vacation With... Sandra in the Greek Isles!

All I can say is that the latest Coco + Kelley post had me jumping outta my seat. What - an opportunity to get your own post up on the fabulous Coco+Kelley blog? Well no one deserves a well-earned break more than the stylish, creative and oh so talented Cassandra, whose blog just simply rocks!

Having never set up my own blog, I feel this is a chance to get thinking, get creative and perhaps ease myself & venture into the world of blogging too. Or…perhaps not, but either way I’d like to share with you my vacation plans, poolside glamour fashion & summer soiree snapshots.

1hr later…Still stuck on what to write about, I guess I’m a lover of style savvy & chic retreats, fascinating culture be that mythological, geological or historical and of course FASHION.

The only reason why this post is so hard to write is that I’ve been fantasizing about all the lovely Ionian islands we’ll be visiting in Greece, only the boy is so mr.Lastminute.gr that we have left it a little late to book anything in the places we really wanted to stay at.

Although I might not know exactly where I might be staying I sure know what I’m bringing, here’s 2 looks I’d love to share with you, poolside chic and summer soiree. Enjoy!


*photos – own snapshots of bits I have in my wardrobe - except Topshop Purple frill heels – still waiting for my delivery!

So, I guess the plan now is visit and hang out with some friends in Kerkyra (aka Corfu) for a few days before descending on the beautiful island of Kefalonia, which I’m sure you’ll all recognise as the island where they filmed Nicolas Cage and Penelope Cruz working their magic for ‘Captain Corelli’s Mandolin' by Louis de Bernières.

*images via Flickr by Jessie and Victor Pumaencore.

I’ve been blown away by images of Fiscardo a pretty waterfront fishing village, which is situated in the northern tip of Kefalonia. I’m utterly convinced this is the place where we’ll be chilling out at with its pastel coloured Venetian style buildings, little tavernas, stunning harbour and to escape the crowds.

*source, Thomas Cook

There’ll be coves a plenty to discover and just by following the road south will take us past a pine-studded castle in the village of Assos where luscious olive groves are untouched & leading towards the infamous & magnificent Myrtos beach with its stunning transparent, yet ever-changing azure blue & emerald sea set against a sheer cliff.

*photography by Audrey Grinyov

I dare you to not love this place!

Ooh and did I mention that mythical island of Ithaca is nearby too? What makes it so special rests with Homer and the epic legend of Odysseus however, Ithaca remains relatively low-key even now, but is impossibly striking.

*Cassandra here - I had to add a note to bottom of Sandra's post for two reasons. One, to thank her so much for such a sweet introduction!! And, second to thank her for being just about the only guest blogger (not even a pro!) to submit the post completely ready to go with images sized perfectly. You rock Sandra! Enjoy your vacation!