GREAT SCOTT

Many of you are probably familiar with Coralie Bickford-Smith... though you may not know it. She is the talented senior cover designer at Penguin Books who is responsible for the jacket designs of the new classics that many of us have been lusting over for the past few years as they continue to be released...
35_1hb
7_spines2
While I'll admit to being one of those shameless types who picks up vintage books at the flea market simply based on a beautiful cover design, it's nice to have the best of both worlds (classic literature and graphic jackets). So, when I discovered that Coralie had designed a cover for one of my all time favorite books - The Great Gatsby - I knew I'd have to have it!
gatsby1
What I didn't realize is that she had created a series of deco inspired covers for the entire F. Scott Fitzgerald collection, and I have to say I'm more motivated than ever to dive into the rest of his books...
scott2
My only complaint is that these covers aren't hardbacks, so they will be harder to preserve. On the upside... I think I just found some serious inspiration for a Gatsby-esque birthday bash come October!