ROOM OF THE WEEK 8.5

Being a pretty glammy girl, I have a feeling I would be challenged quite a bit as a designer if I were ever requested to decorate a bachelor pad. So, I've been focusing lately on studying decor that I think appeals to the boys in the bunch - and this room by Tommy Smythe happens to be one of my favorites...
thomas smythe via habituallychic 1
So, guys (if you're out there) what do you think? Could you live with this? Could you love this? And ladies - if this were your living room, could you relate to it? Personally, looking at all the pieces separately I can honestly say I'd be drawn to every one of them! What makes it seem a bit more on the masculine side to me is simply the lack of softness in texture, shape and color.  The chairs are my favorite for that reason - they're probably the piece I relate to the most in here. There is a certain Ralph Lauren goes to London quality here with the stronger accents and hints of Americana mingling with classic antiques. But the best part may be the amount of light pouring into this apartment! It's so incredibly fresh. What are your thoughts?

*image via habitually chic