ROOM OF THE WEEK 8.19

Creating a room that's as soothing as it is inspiring is not the easiest feat...
Picture 17
But I happen to think designer Gary Spain conquers the task quite well in this eclectic bedroom done in all neutrals (and it's anything but!).
Picture 18
There are so many beautiful features and pieces, it's hard to know where to start! The variations of pattern (playful wallpaper + classic bedskirt, pillows and carpet), the glamorous full-length mirror between the two windows (although it does look just a teensy crowded, doesn't it?), luxurious fur throw, antique candelabra sconces, and the vignettes created by the mirrors behind each nightstand table... all if it is insanely over the top wonderful in my eyes. The formality of the room is just a bit more than what I usually go for, but it's playful enough that it seems to work. What do you think? Could you picture yourself flopping down on that big bed on a daily basis? I'm pretty sure I could handle it...