ROOM OF THE WEEK 6.24

Lately I've been drawn to spaces that seem to be multifunctional in style, and this room is no exception. With table worthy of a small dinner party or perfect for project space, a desk surrounded by natural light, a perfect little sofa, and a cozy egg chair, it seems that this one has it all!
Picture 12
I guess that begs the question... is it too much? Is there a lack of focus here? Maybe a bit... but I'm still really loving the way it's all pulled together as well as the gorgeous details...
Picture 13
An antique chair flanked by two modern chairs and an ottoman? At a lucite table topped with a statement lamp?! A fantastic mix of materials and styles. 
Picture 14
A burl wood desk with a taxidermy swan? Don't hate me, but I love it. P.S. -  banana leaves and piles of lemons are a room stylist's best friend. Also adoring the print on those curtains.

There is a modern-meets-curios vibe going on here that I really love, and I think the neutral palette makes it all quite cohesive.

So, what do you think of the space? How would it work for you? Personally, I could see having this as my all-encompassing living room. Presentable and accommodating for guests, but perfect for spreading out client projects too! Work essentials could be left on the desk, and inspirational books piled high on the table. One thing's for sure - designer Gary Spain has certainly left me with a fabulous impression of his look!