TEXTILE LOVE: FARR + HADLEY

I realized the other day that I'm simply not as good at sharing one of my deepest obsessions here as I should be - textiles. The addiction goes much farther than just pillows and table linens - I have boxes full of fabrics just waiting to be used for something...  and in my next life (or a few years from now), I'd love to learn the art of textile design for myself. That said... here are a few recent beauties I've added to my inspirations...

The more I see it the more I'm swooning for this linen design by Christopher Farr. The first time was the cover of Australia Vogue Living, and more recently below on the bench in the latest issue of Elle Decor.
And then there's this classic Albert Hadley print that's been reappearing lately - both from issues of Lonny Mag.  Searching for more info, I found this quote from an article in New York Magazine that says it all... "Glamour is part of it, but glamour is not the essence. Design is about discipline and reality, not about fantasy beyond reality."  Some may argue with that, but I think there's some truth behind it - glamour has to be applied to the reality of the home and day to day living. And a  bit of playful black and white pattern does it quite well.