ROOM OF THE WEEK 6.17

In preparation for our (*fingers crossed) move in July, I've been collecting photos of small spaces with big style. No doubt we'll be downgrading from our two bedroom quite roomy condo to tighter city living quarters. But smaller space does not mean skimping on style...
Taking a cue from the queen of queen of living it up, this little breakfast nook designed by Kelly Wearstler has my head spinning in a very good way! The chandelier alone is quite breathtaking, but the use of luxurious textiles and pops of pattern, gilded furniture and a fancy tabletop setting just goes to prove that you don't have to wait for your dream dining room to do things up right.

While my guess is that this space is much larger than the photo hints at, there's no reason I couldn't commit a tiny corner of our next apartment to some fabulous decor. And, since I'll be giving up my office, I'll need an inspirational spot just like this to blog, blog, blog away!