Fashion Week - Day 2 Review

Day two of Fashion Week featured the genius of Badgley Mischka ~ so much genius that I had to post a whole page of the designs...



The art deco influence is still strong on the runways, and this show was no exception, as you can see in the first two designs. One of my favorite dresses of the week was also in the collection ~ the teal and white organic pattern in a structured dress with... yes, my favorite little feature, pockets!



Top Row: First two dreseses by Bill Blass, second two by Carlos Miele

Bottom Row: All designs Douglas Hannant

The first dress by Bill Blass is one of my favorites as well, and of course I love the teal and grey/silver combo from Carlos Miele whose use of texture in his fabrics was absolutely stunning! Suprise of the day may have been Douglas Hannant. From structured deco inspired dress, to 50's shapes and flowing bohemian designs, I really loved this collection.



Top Row: Jason Wu, two dresses from Jenni Kayne, Lela Rose

Bottom Row: Lela Rose, three ensembles from Preen

I always love Jenni Kayne, and was not disappointed with her dresses that had me wishing for vacation time! The black and white piece from Lela Rose reminded me of an Oscar de la Renta piece, and I loved the addition of the jacket. The collection from Preen has everyone a buzz ~ shimmery fabrics were huge on the runway, and they did it well. Of course, I also loved the yellow and grey combo!



Bonus of the day? Preen channeling Sienna Miller in this fun little number!