Fashion Week - Day 6 Review

If there is one person in the world I would trust to design my wedding dress, it's Oscar de la Renta. His understanding of how to flatter a woman's figure is unparalleled. So, naturally, it was hard for me to choose my favorites from his collection... but here they are!





Along with his signature classic shapes and luxurious fabrics, Oscar incorporated some great Ikat and African inspired patterns that added a touch of the exotic to his structured silhouettes. My favorite dresses were first and last one in the second set. I loved the cutout of the green and white floral on netting - such a light garden feel! And the peacock inspired piece had me swooning, since I'm currently obsessed with them.

Oh, and some other designers showed up on the runways too... ;)



Top Row: Anna Sui

Bottom Row: First two: Anna Sui, Last two: Jill Stuart

You can always count on the Anna Sui show to be original, but this collection was especially fun! I loved the punked out hair and bright colors. And the silver dress? It rocked!



Top Row: Carolina Hererra

Bottom Row: Carolina Hererra, Last dress by Philosophy

The Hererra collection was also wonderful, and featured the popular orange tones we've been seeing this week. In classic Carolina fashion, she tied her dresses up with pretty bows and sashes in complimentary colors. I had to add the dress from Philosophy with its deco beading and great shape!



More greens!

Top Row: First two ensembles by Chris Benz, Second two Marc Jacobs.