Textile Coasters on Etsy

Last week when scouring the bins of scarfs at one of my favorite thrift stores I thought to myself "how on earth can I make these into something?" Most of them were torn or stained just enough to make them unwearable, and without the time or energy to invest in yet another project at the moment, I abandoned them. But, thanks to Sidney Ann's shop on Etsy, I've been re-inspired!



This smart chickadee from Seattle makes coasters from vintage scarfs, fabrics, and wallpaper. Have a favorite scarf that's been worn too many times? Send it to her and she'll create a set of four coasters just for you. Have some extra fabric that's just not enough to do anything with? Now your favorite patterns can last forever!



You can contact her through her Etsy store, which you should check out anyway for coasters in fun and traditional patterns. Oh, and as a side note ~ coasters are one of those easy little gifts that almost everyone can use. Great for a housewarming present!