Project!!

This is what I LIVE for ~ a nice little challenging project to take on. A while back I received an email from Madison (an American gal living in Italy) asking for my thoughts and opinions and possibly advice on her home in Liguria. This amazing woman has completely taken on the task of renovating a space built in 1918 (complete with original graniglia floors, stucco ceilings, original radiators and walnut doors) and transforming it with modern design. Example? Check out the gorgeous kitchen!





Alas, she is struggling a little bit more with other parts of the house. The room that is currently giving her the most problems is the dining room...





SO! What do we do now? Modern American meets Italian Riviera? I love a good challenge. I'm going to come up with some design ideas and inspirations for our little Lady of Liguira and her home. And, if you have suggestions for her space, please feel free to send them along so I can post them up with mine! My initial thought after seeing the modern kitchen with the gorgeous blue tiles was to add a bit of orange (warm orange tones always remind me of aged Italian architecture and the warm sunlight there), which Mads has already done in the dining room with the drapes, so this is the color scheme I'm building on...

Look for more posts on this in the days to come! It's going to be my little September project, so join in on the fun if you'd like! Oh, and if you'd like to read more on the adventures of reconstruction in Italy, visit Madison's blog here. Ciao bella!