Fashion Week - Day 4 Review

Whew! Are you sick of dresses you'll never own and models you'll never be as skinny as yet? I'm almost ready to get back to sofas and pillows... but not quite! The runway always inspires my design, so excuse the departure from interiors for one more day... and I promise I'll get back on track tomorrow!



Top Row: Ralph Lauren

Second Row: First two dresses Rodarte, Second two threeasfour

Really... once you hit Ralph Lauren celebrating his 40th Anniversary in the 'biz, you can't compete. I could have put the whole collection on here simply for the fact that it was such a reflection of his work. As he said himself, "I drew upon everything I ever loved, and that was it." Fabulous as always. The Rodarte collection was nice, and has some great pieces at the end (these two dresses being among them) and threeasfour had some simple and subtle designs that focused mostly on interesting shapes and layers.



Top Row: Temperley

Bottom Row: Tracy Reese

I adored most of the designs from Temperley, especially how she paired fun little frocks with men's shoes in the first piece shown. Inspired deco patterns in black and white added some great interest. (Oh, and if you'd like to own a Temperley yourself, she's the next designer on the list for Target!) The Tracy Reese collection was inspired by exotic travel, and that was about the only consistency I could see, but loved the separate ensembles anyway. I have no idea how that sequined fuschia top snuck in there, but I included it only because it appealed to my girly side.



Final Four: Cynthia Rowley, Lacoste, Malandrino, Ohne Titel

Just a few more pieces I had to throw in. An interesting combo by Cynthia Rowley, a simply cardie dress from Lacoste, gorgeous satiny dress from Malandrino (a collection worth checking out, I might add), and an amazing pattern from Ohne Titel.

And with that, my friends, I say luv & ciao from Fashion Week!