Fashion Week - Day 3 Review

Gorgeous greens!



Top Row: Behnaz Sarafpour

Bottowm Row: Chaiken

These particular designers both had me wishing spring was already here! Of course, living in LA I supposed I could get away with these any time of year. Another trend for spring? If it wasn't already, the natural waist is definitely back. While many collections still featured boxy or trapeze styles here or there, a more defined waist has returned. Get ready to show of those curves ladies! And, like I mentioned on the Day 2 post, the shimmery satins are everywhere, especially in the Chaiken collection.



Top Row: Charles Nolan

Bottom Row: Doo.Ri, Max Azria, last two pieces by Sari Gueron

I loved the ladylike designs of Charles Nolan! If I had to pick one collection to be my wardrobe for next Spring, I'm pretty positive it would be this one. The cuts were gorgeous and fit the models perfectly, I loved the addition of brightly colored beaded necklaces to nearly every outfit, and the dress with the blue lace, chocolate brown and green trim has to be my favorite of the day. Some interesting pieces from Doo.Ri (but I wasn't thrilled with the collection), I really liked this dress from Max Azria, and the Sari Gueron collection also had some great pieces with colors that popped off the runway - I particularly liked these two.



Top Row: J Mendel

Bottom Row: First three dresses Vera Wang, Last dress Thakoon

Designers definitely got fancy and flowy with the dresses this season. I was suprised by how much I enjoyed the J Mendel dresses ~ maybe because I'm so attracted to greys and silvers right now. Also the use of two tone on the dress in that deep amethyst color is beautiful. I wasn't in love with the Vera Wang collection. In fact, I was rather disappointed with most of it, but these three dresses seemed much more her style than some of the other pieces. Especially the second one with clean lines and simple details. The last dress from Thakoon isn't especially flattering or wonderful, but I absolutely loved the pattern, so I had to add it. Can I make some pillows out of it?



Breath of fresh air? The Proenza Schouler collection lifted the third day of fashion week back on its feet with a bit of pomp. Military inspired pieces topped by calvary hats began the show...



And gold leaf silk dresses ended the show with some glitz and glam!