Colors for the Spring Palette

While I'm at it...

Earlier this week decor8 featured a little piece on Rian Rae. Just so happens that she's got some yummy knit textiles that perfectly showcase the two color palettes for spring:



Navy, Orange, and White (or Taupe, or some form of a neutral). This color combo was big last spring with the Nautical look, but now it's come mainstream and I'm seeing orange in all the catalogs (West Elm, CB2, etc).

And then theres THIS:



As you can tell from my photos in the previous post - this is more along the lines of my new favorite color scheme. A peachy terra cotta, and a muted olive green? GORGEOUS. And yet, so traditional. Want some room inspirations? You got it...







Remember all those bright or deep jewel tones we've seen in the last couple of years? My prediction is we'll see them all in their 'dustier' form - mustards, olives, peaches, lilacs, etc. I blame it on the surge of grey we've seen in decor. Add a bit of grey to the brighter colors we've been using and what do you get? Exactly.

... More on this to come!