Registry Bliss at Perfect Bound

Last week, Anne at Perfect Bound asked me to contribute to her week of "Registry Bliss" and I happily agreed! I was charged with picking out five fabulous fantasy registry items, which you can see here . I had such a hard time picking my top favorites, however, that I figured I'd share some of the gorgeous pieces I found in my search, starting with the china.

There are so many ways you could go when it comes to settings for the the table - big over the top patterns, simple white, banded gold or platinum, subtle colors... the choices are seriously endless.

So I started with pieces trimmed in gold...



Clockwise from top:

The Martha Stewart for Wedgewood, Wedding Band Taupe collection might be my first runner up because I love the combination of the taupe with the gold, the modern simple style, and how it could definitely be used as an everyday china. My second runner up is Haviland's Illusion in Chocolat, designed by Barbara Berry. (A deep chocolate rimmed in gold? What's not to love?) I also liked the trellis-like pattern on the Etoile dinnerware by Bernardaud, the rich pattern of the Old Japan by Royal Crown Derby, and the gorgeous teal and gold combo in Anna Weatherly's Colours collection in Celadon.

Then I remembered how surprisingly inspired I was by the pinks used in Gwyneth Paltrow's dining room...



So I found a few of my own to love, even though I'm fairly positive I'll never get a guy to agree to these patterns. (PS - Does anyone else hate the chairs she chose for this room? Love the color, but they are SO contemporary...)



The Silk Ribbon collection from Ralph Lauren, the new Ribbon Stripe collection from Martha Stewart, and Missoni Margherita in Pink.

And finally ~ my favorites from Hermes. You just really can't go wrong with these...