Room of the Week 1.10



This week's 'Room of the Week' is brought to you by the number sixx... Sixx Design that is. Their rooms have been featured lately on a few blogs around here, so I popped over to their site myself to see what other brilliance I could find. It was hard to pick a favorite for this week, but during the sunny, but chilly, days of winter, doesn't everyone crave a sun porch? When you can't go lay out on the beach, at least you can snuggle down on a comfy sofa or daybed (in this case) to catch some rays.

I love this room for its simplicity, the use of that rich red, and the whimsical little garden gnome just chillin' on the floor (see him?). And see that great lighting fixture?



Here it is again in another gorgeous room (runner up for this week's room). I have a slight obsession with giant windows like the one in this room. Church salvage is one of my favorites, and the next best thing to just renovating a church into a home (see last week's room!). And, again, they've used that warm red against the white. In fact, there were definitely a few patterns in their work, so I'll share some other wonderful spaces with you while I'm at it...





Collections of portraits (another obsession of mine) to add some charm, character, and color or warmth to a space.





An apparent love of 2Pac - and done so well, I might add. I especially love the second room - such a juxtaposition of styles! Modern prints, a pop of yellow in that mid-century chair, a classic pedistal for the table, a zebra rug (of course!), vintage lamp, and a worn wood chair. Who would think that somehow all of these pieces would work together? And the paint on the walls - very cool. It has the aesthetic of concrete, but with much more texture. Add the baseboards to frame it out against the deep wood floors. Genius. Perhaps this should have been the room of the week...



One last room for good measure - this is the one that drew me to their site in the first place. A great use of white space to allow the color to really pop.