Jewelry Alchemy

Well, seems like everyone this week has posted on their favorite cuffs, so I thought I'd add to the trend with one of mine by goldsmith Melissa McClure at Jewelry Alchemy.



Gorgeous, right? Perhaps it's my short stature, and the fact that my wrist are so tiny, that makes me wary of huge bangles and cuffs weighing down my arms. They just don't seem to work on me. But THIS! This I could do!

I fell in love with Melissa's work when I first saw her simple twig necklace on my friend Annie.



The way she crafts these pieces - they seem to move with you. They're delicate and simple, but stunning, and I love the origin of her inspiration.

Her grandmother was a third generation jeweler whose legacy inspired Melissa's first collection based on the idea of a "family tree" necklace. But Melissa's process goes deeper than that too. She says, "Jewelry is the most intimate and durable of items we choose to place over important parts of our bodies - bracelets to pulse points, rings over the vein that is closest to our hearts, and necklaces that rest directly on our chests. It's how we express who we are and what is important to us." Which is why, of course, Jewelry Alchemy is the perfect name for her line.



Not only do I love Melissa's work, but she's such an awesome little chickadee. I love when she stops by the store because she's got such an appreciation for beautiful things and aesthetics, which is what we all love to share with people around here, right? So, here are a few more of my favorites from her, to share with you...