Room of the Week 1.3



I am loving the new trend (can you call it that?) of people restoring old churches into homes. The architecture of these buildings is so simple, yet so stunning, with their large windows and dramatic details... I can't imagine a more serene place to move into.

This bedroom is out of Chicago Home+Garden and the home was created inside a converted early-20th-century Episcopal church. No doubt I was drawn to it because the colors mimic those in my bedroom, but really it's the windows that do it for me. And that chair!! I want! But I never would have thought about keeping the paint that fresh white... perhaps it's a nod to the purity of the space?

I know New Years is supposed to start with a bang, but, I'll take a little peace and quiet and this bedroom, if you don't mind...