Dream Doors

I've always had a thing for beautiful ornate doors. So, when I stumbled on this photo from Maryam at My Marrakesh via her Flickr stream... well, I just about died.



Gorgeous detailing with beautiful rich woods in contrast with that bright bluish white? And the railing to top it off? Please, please, please let me move in! I was inspired, to say the least. So last weekend, when I found myself with a bit of extra time on my hands, I wandered through my old Venice neighborhood to see capture some other inspiring doorways...


These are the walkstreets I grew up in! So lovely. And here's door #1.


So worn in with that green patina. Loved the broken glass window above the door, too. Just adds to the authenticity, right?


The door wasn't as interesting as the Mondrian-esque plexiglass surrounding it. The colors glowed in the sunlight, and the style fit in perfectly with the very simple Asian garden.


A. MAZ. ING. This door was even more ridiculous in person. It was probably the best part of the house! So there you go... a little door browsing from La La Land. Hope you enjoyed!