Blushing Pink

I promised I'd be back this week with more girly-inspired posts, so today I'm celebrating my new favorite obsession with interiors (which is an old one for many of you, I'm sure): a dash of pink.

So warm and unexpected in grown-up spaces, using pink sparingly is quickly becoming one of my favorite design practices.


This interior from Alan Higgs is amazing for one reason: It successfully combines two colors typically reserved for nurseries into a clean modern space. I love how, looking through the rooms, the colors all play off of each other. The pink wall and the rug; the blue chairs and the painting. Lots of white keeps it simple. I also like the warmth of this pink the best - it's almost peachy!


This space, via the archives of desire to inspire has been a longtime favorite of mine, and uses a similar color scheme. There are so many great details going on here, yet the decor is very simple. The white trim on the neutral door and the blue striped walls in the adjacent room play off the colors in the dining area - natural rattan and a bit of blue in the painting. I think my favorite part though is the use of the pink cushions on such an organic material. The tree trunk table is just a little extra touch of genius.


How adorable is this? The pink chair and door adds a dash of playfulness to this dining area. Again, I love the use of pink in contrast with a more organic material like these raw wood floors. Photo via emmas designblogg.

A couple more kitchen spaces:

Via living etc.


A brighter pink backsplash from a post I did back here. I also like a pop of bright pink in a room - it's a little more sassy and adds character! Of course, it's also a bit more obvious, buuut...


... how cute is this bedroom from Amanda Nisbet? There's a lighter pink panel on the awning over the bed, and then you get the pop of fuschia down the hall. Very girly. VERY fun!


Another pop of pink from a pair of chairs flanking a very cool console bar from Eileen Kathryn Boyd Interiors.

While I don't know if I could do a whole room in pink and live with it for very long, these little accents have me swooning... and thinking I could use a little dose of this color in my own life!