La Boudoir Bride

I popped over to Stacy's blog, la boudoir, this afternoon where she's officially started her 'wedding planning' process. And by process, I mean finding the dress. There's one catch though - the happy couple will be getting married in less than a month at city hall, so Stacy needs it FAST! (By the way, can I just say that I would SO take this whole city hall route?! I love it.)

So, I took it upon myself to come up with what I would do in this situation, which was type in the address for net-a-porter as fast as possible to check out what they currently have in stock... and on sale! So, Stacy, this post is for you (and also for me living vicariously through you). Here are my top picks for what I'd wear to the courthouse on that lovely (hopefully sun shining) day. I hope you'll like some of them!

Let's start with my #1 favorite:


This dress by Alice and Olivia is on sale. For $445. For a WEDDING DRESS. That's a heck of a steal and one I would take in a second. I love the detail on this dress, the fact that the shape is incredibly simple and classy, that the beading fancies it up a bit while the length and the geometric pattern keeps it whimsical. A litle bit deco, a little bit 50's, and I can picture it with a small bouquet, peep toe pumps, and a short little veil... oh wait, I'm sorry, that's my wedding I'm planning in my head...


If you're a girly girl, then top your dress off with a bow! More than I could afford to spend for the court house, but this Zac Posen dress ($1650) is so darn cute! The Jill Stuart one is still as sweet in a non-traditional buttery cream and happens to be on sale for $243. A total steal!


If your style is a bit more flower child, then go with this flowy dress from Nathan Jenden ($670) or a very simple lace detailed style from See by Chloe ($320).


For a purely white dress, a simple sheath is so very Jackie-O. This one is by Lela Rose for $547. (I think I would maybe add a satiny ribbon to the waist in place of the detail they have.) Or, for piece you could definitely wear again, the Fendi dress on the right with beautiful neckline detail. $819.


Go vintage - go Vera. The dress on the left is Vera Wang. I love the vintage fabric feel. And I love that you could still wear Vera for only $279! The dress on the right is the only one not available on Net-A-Porter, and I'm not even sure if you could get t in the States, but it's by the French company Antik Batik and I j'adore!

Of course, whatever you choose, Stacy, you're going to be gorgeous! Good luck my dear!