Escapism

This blog is my escape mechanism from the day-to-day, from the limitations of budgets and the 9-5 grind. I realize that most things I post fall into the unattainable category, but for me, the fantasy is half the fun. It stops me from running out and dropping $40 on something useless at Target. 

But some people have an amazing talent at turning fantasy into reality. 





The husband and wife team at Sixx design are a prime example. Parents of seven children (!), Courtney and Bob Novogratz create the most innovative homes throughout New York. You can check out in their new book Downtown Chic - it captures their latest work.  And when the Novogratz clan needs a break they can jet to this stunning retreat in Brazil.




Getting away from reality is really what my blog is all about. But I'd settle for a trip to Brazil!