From The Office Of: coco+kelley

Recently, I acquired a nice little office space for myself that needs a bit of a remodel. It's a bedroom that I'm quite familiar with - it used to be mine when I was a little girl, and now I've taken it back over for coco+kelley headquarters (I mean, really, my parents don't need three guestrooms, right?).

Throughout the past month I've been working on making this room my own while I expand and grow my design business. So, I started where all my projects start - with a piece of true inspiration of course!

I have always adored this vintage photo from the House & Garden archives, and have known for a while now that I would want to design my office space around it. Kelly green is a must-have color for the space, and I like the idea of adding a little pink and red to punch things up. I'd add some metallics and keep things light and fresh!

Next step? Some inspiration boards!
coco kelley office inspiration spaces
Elements from these spaces are essentials for my own office. I love the idea of a very glam desktop paired with more organic and clean, modern pieces. I want to incorporate some green without it being overwhelming, and I want to keep a lot of white in the space. I always design best with a clean palette, so having a backdrop that is simple will help when I'm putting together design boards for clients.

Now down to the details..!
coco kelley office inspiration pieces
In my dreams, I'd be able to use these exact pieces. White magazine files from Ikea (they also have a pale pink right now too!), this fantastic vintage screen from Empiric that mimics my logo perfectly, a glam lamp from Belvedere with its gorgeous mix of metals, and a monogram paperweight that I already own(!).

I've always wanted a vintage travel clock, and this red one is calling my name. And, who could resist a set of fresh pink pencils with their own little message on them? No girl should go without some personalized stationery, and this trellis pattern from Black Pearl Press would do nicely. Of course, none of it would be complete without this fabulous and perfect green desk from Kristen Buckingham, topped off with fresh flowers every day!

Now comes the fun part - making it happen! At the end of the week, I'll share my actual space with you and we'll see how I've done!