From The Office Of: Suite 7 Creative

Remember my awesome friend Chelsea? She's my graphics girl. Designer of my logo and my gorgeous business cards. Well, guess what? She's also got serious interior design style, and today she's sharing her home office that serves as Suite 7 Creative headquarters. Be prepared for inspiration (on a budget, no less!), 'cause here we go!
ist2_5658677-crown-rule-assortment
When I moved into my new house last fall, I knew we had found the perfect space when I saw the fantastic office right off the living room with beautiful French doors. Surrounded by windows, I knew this would be the new home for Suite 7 Creative. I got to work immediately putting together my ideal work space...fun, whimsical, organized and creative without spending a ton of money.

With my first home under my belt, I certainly didn’t have the budget for custom designer furniture. I needed everything...lots of storage space for my papers, inks and printing supplies and a large work area where I could cut fold and build my stationery and invitations. Plus I have a huge paper hording problem...I just can’t throw anything printed away (makes sense I guess since I work with paper for a living!), so I needed tons of filing space to get organized.

My first stop? IKEA of course. I decided to stick with a clean, simple, white base palette with pops of chrome to highlight my designs and decorative accessories that are often brightly colored. I started off with my desk...an extra long white Vika Amon table top and added stainless Vika Fintorp legs for a little visual interest. I purchased the perfect storage piece which features great sliding doors on the front to hide all of my clutter as well as the Billy bookcase to hold my magazines, design books and accessories. I finished things off with my birch Jules desk chair, Smart lamp and some pretty milk glass vases and I had the perfect canvas to get started.
Next I was on to storage...a simple trash can and stacking paper organizers from IKEA as well and these great Mien storage boxes from the bathroom department! I finally left IKEA and headed to Ducky’s office furniture for a vintage filing cabinet. New cabinets are SO expensive and I like the worn texture of the old black metal cabinet. I like to imagine where it came from...maybe a swanky international spy’s office? It makes a great magnet board for me now!

I personalized my space with inspirational photos, images and keepsakes from my travels. My mini Eiffel Tower from Paris and windmill from Holland are my favorites. I have wooden shoes next to my cutting area and my Grandma’s antique McCoy vase holds my pens, bone folder and x-acto knives. Pops of color fill my book case, including an orange enamel “7” a good friend gave me from Rejuvenation. My desk holds my favorite orange Xonex MOD desk pen which I picked up at Revival Home & Garden and great acrylic pieces from Storables.
ist2_5658677-crown-rule-assortment

I love Chelsea's office for the incredible light, the to-die-for French doors, and tons of workspace! Her personal touches really add a lot to the room, and I can't wait to see how it grows along with her company! Thanks Chels!!