From The Office Of: La Dolce Vita

I am so very happy to introduce our next guest blogger - the incredibly style savvy Paloma from La Dolce Vita. This gal has such an eye for interiors - she knows a good space when she sees one and her blog is full of amazing inspiration at all times! Not only that, but she recently started the Decorum Design Forum - a space to get all your design questions answered... like where on earth can I find that chair? And who designed that gorgeous rug? The woman is a genius!! So, naturally, I had to have her as a contributor this week, and she's doing double duty! Sharing a bit of her own space, and also one of her favorites...
ist2_5658677-crown-rule-assortment
As a design blogger and private Spanish tutor, I spend a lot of my time in my office working on blog posts and lessons for my students. For me, comfort and organization are key. Having said that, my office is a work in progress. I didn't include any shots of the full room because it is full of boxes and other things that need to be organized! However, I will happily share the neater areas of my space.

I have an L-shaped desk that actually belonged to my husband, Fabian since before we got married nearly four years ago. One of these days, I'd like to trade it in for a nice sawhorse desk. The cane chair is vintage and was painted and reupholstered by Fabian. The walls are painted in Benjamin Moore's Plymouth Rock. I'll be honest, though. I'm not crazy about how it photographs, but it is lovely in person. I purchased the Keep Calm poster from SFGirlbyBay on Etsy and love the pop of color it brings to the room. The cheerful message doesn't hurt either! The desk lamp is Visual Comfort and the letter C is from Anthropologie. My pencil cup is actually a ceramic candle holder that cost about $6.00 at Target. The pattern is quite similar to the pattern in coco + kelley's header. The black wooden organizer on the desk was $12.99 at Homegoods and works like a charm.

I'm only showing you the organized shelves of my bookcase! I actually plan to replace it with this bookshelf in white soon for more space and better organization. I mostly use it to store Spanish books and design magazines. The boxes on the top shelf are filled with stationery. They, along with the magazine files are from Ikea and were super cheap. The calendar on the right is made up of cool vintage Spanish posters.

The Manhattan Print from Ork Posters is an homage to New York, one of our favorite cities.
My bulletin board was a steal from Homegoods! I think it was about $30, which is much cheaper than the majority of framed bulletin boards I have seen.


Because my office is still a work in progress, I wanted to feature one of my absolute favorite work spaces. Erika of Urban Grace has the coolest office I have ever seen! She and her husband put their creative minds to work and converted their carriage house into an incredible work space for Erika's design business.

Erika has the coolest style and it is reflected in her amazing office. The tanker desk and credenza are from Goodwill. The bench is vintage and was reupholstered by Erika.

The file cabinets came from Ballard Designs and the lights on either side of her desk are Visual Comfort's Boston Functional Sconces in Antique Brass. Her chair is an Eames design. In my opinion, the piece de resistance is Erika's fabulous inspiration board. She made it herself using a 4' x 8' bulletin board from Staples which she covered in white duck cloth and finished with nailhead trim. It is a project I would love to emulate!

I love that Erika manages to make her space feel very personal despite the fact that she is in fact a very busy designer. She includes personal touches like her collection of E letters, a photograph of her and her husband in a beautiful Venetian frame, and pictures of her sources of inspiration and darling nieces and baby nephew.

To see the rest of Erika's office, including her awesome kitchen and bathroom, click here.
ist2_5658677-crown-rule-assortment
Thank you so much Paloma! That's a heck of a 'work in progress' office! And, am dying to have one of those Ork posters - I just have to decide which city in which color... and thank you for sharing Erika's office with us as well! I adore it!