From The Office Of: Swoonworthy

I have to share a quick little story about how I met Paige, our next guest blogger...

In my former life, I worked as an Events Director for a fantastic school here in Seattle - I ran their auction as well as all the alumni events. Paige had attended this same school, but I met her as an alum during an event. A few years later, she stumbled upon my blog and sent me a little email asking to meet up for coffee, and we had a fantastic time talking about our passion for design and catching up.

I adore this amazing woman and her fresh new blog, Swoonworthy. She finds inspiration in every detail, which is just what I love about her. And, since she's got such an eye for them I asked her to share her favorite details (resources and all!) taken from an inspiring deskscape.
ist2_5658677-crown-rule-assortment
I require a relatively simple desktop space so as not to distract myself from getting things done; this means clean lines and as little clutter as possible. An uncluttered space is entirely possible as long as you have the right tools (this is when I remember the little saying, “A place for everything, and everything in its place!”).

coco+kelley_deskscape
I wanted to recreated this cheery designer workspace (via House to Home) above in a way that’s both chic and easy on the wallet. Although it is technically a dressing table, it would work perfectly as a small desktop for those who live in small spaces (like myself) who still need a little work area, and the bright yellow highlights will always cheer you up after a long day!

The original desk is by Julian Chichester; however, I found a more affordable look with the silver West Elm Parsons table. Beautiful, tall gourd lamps from Porta Romana are substituted by a shorter MaryKate & Ashley look-alike. If you’re looking to wallpaper, the yellow and white stripes can be found at Romo, and without the vanity mirror in the way, why not replace it with a simple desk tray or contact index? All in all, a beautiful and simple space, with everything I need to make me happy!

Resources: *1. MaryKate & Ashley table lamp *2. Silver lidded bowl *3. Silver Parsons Desk *4. Yellow Ottoman *5. Silver petal bowl *6. Helios yellow vase

ist2_5658677-crown-rule-assortment