IN THE DETAILS: CURTAIN CALL

I'm a firm believer in the difference curtains make in a home, so I'm really loving these unique details...
Not just the idea of doubling up curtains (which is wonderful, by the way), but having the outer layer blend into the paint color makes it less distracting while still adding gorgeous visual texture.
These gorgeous curtains with black trim would be beautiful enough on their own, but contrasted with a second layer of a subtle balloon curtain under just adds to the luxurious space.
I've yet to find a perfect spot in my own home to try and incorporate curtains as decor in entryways or surrounding a bath, like in this room, but I love the idea and I've seen it done well. Perhaps in the new apartment??? I'll have to tuck it away for future inspiration!


*rooms by mary mcdonald, and via elle decor and house beautiful