Designing for Two: Terra Cotta + Navy

My sweet boyfriend is out traveling abroad, and while he's been gone I've been popping into his place here and there to pick up his mail and keep house. When he left he joked that he'd come back to it fully redecorated (I told him to watch what he grants me permission to do...!). But, it did get me thinking...

The same color palette that helped inspired a bit of my home office has obviously been stuck in my head as I've been drawn to images like this...

This bedroom just so happens to look incredibly similar to his - dark grey sheets and a navy duvet. So, here's my question ladies and gents - if I add a dash of 'terra cotta' do you think this is a color scheme I might actually get away with for the both of us?

The navy and grey is such a neutral palette in need of some warmth, so the addition of a little color in a tone that appeals to my girlish senses is really calling me! Cast your vote - yay or nay? (I'm so going shopping this week...)

*room photography via sam mcadam, mark lund, roland bello, petrina tinslay