Spring Tabletops II: Tuscan Yellow + Provencal Blue

My parent's home is very warm - a mix of traditional and antique furnishings with lots of honey toned woods, filled with light, and done in a clean and casual style. So, I wanted to design a tabletop that would really work with the decor they already have... you know, a setting they might actually use for brunch this Easter (butterflies and glamour are more my style than theirs!).

Mixing our Italian heritage with some French linens, I wanted to create a relaxed Tuscan +Provence inspired setting for this year's Easter brunch, and yes this is my parent's dining room!

IMG_0064
Again, many of these pieces were items we already had in the house. The tablecloth is mine - a purchase from travels in France, so I love a reason to use it! The cream scalloped dishes are my parent's everyday ware, and I believe they are Mikasa. The smaller, Italian style dishes are a recent purchase from Cost Plus, and I'm in love with them! (I may have to go buy a whole set for myself!)

I used the same tulips from the first tabletop for this setting, but threw them into a distressed urn from Pottery Barn for a casual look. The linen runner and S&P shakers are antique, and the blue napkins are some that we've had forever! They just happened to match the dishes perfectly.

I also had to grab these goblets with little bee details on them to complete the Provence style. The pitcher is my parent's own, but you can find similar ones at Cost Plus or Pier 1.

Once I had this table set up, I didn't want to take it down! It will be the perfect setting for our Sunday morning... but I would use it everyday if I could. I think it's warm and inviting, with its casual mix of European influences and everyday pieces. I can smell the fresh baked scones already...