THE CHARMING STYLE OF TILE

One gorgeous feature of some of my favorite kitchens is the use of beautifully patterned tile. While many home dwellers are constantly ripping out floors like these in favor of a more modern aesthetic, I happen to find them quite charming and warm...
I love how the pattern lends to a little color and enhances the gothic qualities of this sweet but dramatic dining nook by Jon Vaccari...
Designer Shannon Bowers let the beautiful palette of these reclaimed French tiles dictate the design of the entire kitchen (which you can see more of right here). And on the right? A fresh space by Tom Scheerer where modern updates meet Scandinavian design in the tile and chairs.
I think this kitchen from Nuevo Estilo might be my favorite though. It seems to strike the perfect balance of new and old to create a cozy, light-filled space.

Have any of you chosen to work with or highlight older tiles in your own kitchen?