Room of the Week 5.28

I discovered this gorgeous home via the pages of Western Interiors, which introduced me to designer Renea Abbott whose explanation of her design philosophy had me jumping with agreement! "I always like to throw in a little bling, a teeny bit of sparkle, to an otherwise clean and contemporary spacee.”

Yes, yes, yes, Renea!! You know that's my philosophy. A touch of glam factor for every room - usually in the form of beautiful chandeliers or gilded mirrors. So, of course I had to use this space for today's Room of the Week.
The first hint of glam is the high back chair with its gilded arms, and those luxurious pillows as well! The candlesticks also add a touch of drama, and the bench in front of the fireplace is fantastic. But, let's not stop at one room - there's so much more gorgeousness to explore in this Houston home...
Why hello ginormous chanel bag and gilded chandelier and mirror and table. You must have known I was coming for a visit! (Yes, even I can admit, that's a bit much.) I do really love the clean hallway and that gorgeous little settee though. A perfect mix of modern and traditional, with the wood floors providing a touch of warmth.
Ahhhh...the bedroom. The far chest and table lamps are a bit traditional antique for my taste, but I would gladly take the rest.. especially the ceiling which keeps the room from feeling to stuffy. Again, loving the gilded gold in the chair. In fact, I love all the variety of seating options in here - not for actual conversation of course, but for preventing me from throwing my clothing all over the floor! And the chaise to lounge on by the fire. Lovely!